This water-free solution contains 0.2% pure Retinol, an ingredient that can reduce the appearances of fine lines, of photo damage and of general skin ageing. While Retinol has been studied extensively, it is irritating to the skin and newer technologies exist that mimic the visible effects of Retinol without causing skin irritation. For this reason, The Ordinary generally recommends using Granactive Retinoid 2% or Granactive Retinoid 5% instead of this formula.
- Targets anti-ageing and improves skin texture
- Aims to reduce the appearance of fine lines and general signs of ageing
- Suitable for most skin types
- The Ordinary skincare recommends that you start with a lower concentration of retinol to allow your skin to build a tolerance
- Retinoids make the skin more sensitive to UV radiation, use SPF daily
- Only use this product in the evening
- Do not use with any other retinol products
- If pregnant or breastfeeding, it is recommended that you avoid skincare products containing retinols
Apply a small amount to face in the PM as part of your skincare regimen, after water serums but before heavier treatments. Do not use with other retinoid treatments. Avoid unprotected solar exposure. Store in a cool, dry place.